07 Jul Self-Care Through the Dog Days of Summer
As we enter the dog days of summer, Recovery Is Beautiful would like to highlight some tips on self-care, particularly related to the summer.
- Plan a Trip – The summer allows for a great time to get away from the day-to-day tasks that can bog an individual down. Taking a trip, near or far, can allow for some well-deserved recharge time!
- Garden – Gardening can be extremely therapeutic! Whether it is a couple of hanging pots, a flower bed, or a vegetable garden, this summer activity will give you excitement when you find a new flower bloom or a new vegetable.
- Take Part in Local Activities – Summer is the time of festivals, parades, fireworks, farmers’ markets, and other local community events. Getting out of the house and out into the community can be really great. These activities provide an opportunity to enjoy walking around and checking out all the neat items or catching up with a few neighbors that you haven’t seen in a while.
- Spend Time Outside – While Ohio can be unpredictable when it comes to the forecast, we really are provided with some great weather in the summer. Spending time out in the fresh air can be calming and relaxing. Take some time to soak in the warm temperatures the extended time of sunlight! There really is nothing better than watching the sunset at 9:00 PM and not 5:30 PM.
- Be Vigilant of the Heat – Summer brings the heat, which can be worrisome for individuals who take certain medications. Make sure to stay extra hydrated and find some shade if you’ve been in the sun too long. Spending time by the water, such as a pool or lake, can allow for a quick cool down!
- Have Fun – Make sure to reward yourself this summer. Take time to celebrate the person that you are and do something that truly makes you happy. The summer will go by quick, so enjoy your time and be safe!